Nigerian indigenes of Igbo extraction have stagedss protest against the sit-at-home allegedly ordered by the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

This comes amidst the detained IPOB leader; Nnamdi Kanu’s call to the entire Southeasterners to discard any purported directive by anyone ordering Igbos to sit at home on Mondays.

Kanu who spoke through his lawyer, Mike Ozekhome said he could not be fighting for the liberation of Ndigbos and at the same time, causing them untold economic hardship by ordering them to close their businesses and stay at home on Mondays, an action he said was against the economic growth of Igbo people of the Southeastern Nigeria.

The protesters who stormed streets and major roads in Enugu State, Southeastern Nigeria today said they were tired of the ‘anti-Igbo’ order.

Some of the protesters who confided in our Paper said they were ready to cooperate with security agencies in the affected states by volunteering information that would lead to the arrest and prosecution of sponsors, supporters and promoters of the sit-at-home order.

READ:  Endorsement of YPP/OBA for March 11: Obi-Datti Campaign Council opens up

It would be recalled that several prominent sons and daughters of Igbo extraction have so far been gruesomely murdered by persons suspected to be members of IPOB who are believed to be promoting the order.

IPOB was proscribed by the immediate-past administration of His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari. The leader of the outlawed group; Nnamdi Kanu is currently facing trial on charges bordering on alleged felony, sedition, etc.

While the five southeastern states have been deserted by some prominent Igbo people, those like late Prof. Dora Akunjili’s husband and others who dared to visit the states against IPOB’s threats were murdered in most horrific manners.

Upon the arrest, detention and prosecution of Nnamdi Kanu, a Finish-based Igbo named Simon Ekpa had declared himself as the new leader of IPOB.

More details later…