The Committee for the Ray Ekpu Prize for Investigative Journalism hereby calls for entries by journalism practitioners in Akwa Ibom state.
As mandated by the promoters of the Award, Inoyo Toro Foundation, the entries must come from only registered members of Akwa Ibom state Council of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ).
Submission of entries begins on Wednesday, October1, 2023 and closes on Friday, October 31, 2023.
Entries are expected from investigative materials published in the print, online, radio and television media between October 31, 2022 and October 31, 2023.
All entries should include a copy of the original publication in hard copy for print; link for online; audio recording for radio, with complete identity of a verifiable station; and video recording for television; with verifiable publication date, time and outfit.
Submissions should be through Akwa Ibom State Council of the NUJ for onward delivery to the Secretariat of the Committee.
Entries will be scored based on six criteria, which are:
1. Depth of Investigation – 20 points
2. Conformity with ideals of journalistic excellence – 20 points
3. Style and language of presentation -15 points
4. Contribution to good governance in public office -15 points
5. Impact on the fight against corruption and impunity – 15 points
6. Contribution to national unity and ethnic cohesion in Akwa Ibom State – 15 points
Announcement of winner
The winner will be announced at the Award Nite of the Akwa Ibom State Council of the NUJ, on a date to be announced by the Union.
The award carries a prize of N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira).
Nsikak Essien, FNGE (Committee Chairman)
Emem Nkereuwem (Secretary to Committee)
Saturday, September 2, 2023.