The following Agencies are directly under the supervision of the SGF which HE Sen Dr George Akume will oversee;
1 Federal Road Safety Corps
2 Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Commission
3 National Energy Council
4 National Hajj Commission of Nigeria
5 National Lottery Trust Fund
6 National Agency for the Control of Aids
7 Nigeria National Merit Award
8 National Lottery Regulatory Commission
9 Bureau of Public Enterprises
10 Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission
11 National Agency for the Control of Aids
12 New Partnership for African Development
13 National Commission for Refugees
15 Federal Character Commission
16 Revenue, Mobilization, Allocation & Fiscal Commission
17 Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI)
18 Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC)
19 National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission
20 National Pension Commission
21 Border Communities Development Agency
There are also six offices in the OSGF (Office of the Secretary to the Federal Government). Each of the offices is run and managed like a ministry and they are headed by Permanent Secretary
The offices are:
The Special Duties Office
The Cabinet Affairs Office
The Special Services Office
The Ecological Fund Office
The General Services Office
The Political and Economic Affairs Office
Functions of SGF
Administratively, below are the key roles of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF):
1) OSGF handles matters related to the prerogative of mercy
2) He handles petitions and appeals to the President.
3) He is charged with the responsibility of processing requests for duty tours and medical treatment of government officials abroad.
4) He coordinates, manages National Honours Awards
5) OSGF is responsible for the supervision of some government agencies as directed by the president e.g New Partnership for African Development (NEPAD).
6) The SFG serves as the frontline advisory institution to the office of the president
7) The Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation monitors and coordinates the implementation of government policies and programmes in line with the programmes of the ruling government.
- He ensures harmonization in the policies of the government.
9) The SGF evaluates the performance of the ministers and Permanent Secretary on behalf of the president.
10) He maintains mandate acceptance documents signed by ministers on an assumption of office
11) The OSGF serves as the Secretariat of the National Council of State, the Federal Executive Council and other Constitutional Councils which are chaired by the President or the Vice President as the case may be.
12) The office of the secretary to the federal government provides support services to Administrative Tribunals, Commissions and Panels of Enquiry.
13) He coordinates public safety matters and emergencies such as COVID 19 pandemic.
14) Represent the president when he’s delegated to do so.
15) He liaises with Secretaries to State Governments in a situation when FG’s policies have to be implemented at the state levels